Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Don't Lose Sight of these Sites!


Happy Tuesday Mommies!
Can you remember life before the Internet?  Ok, I actually can because it wasn’t that long ago (or maybe it was and I am just in denial).  When I was in high school I remember having to go to the library to work on research papers and actually check out BOOKS….you know those things with paper and typed words.  Then my senior year, second semester, our computers were upgraded and we were able to search other school libraries via something called the Internet!  What in the world did that mean?!  Didn’t matter, it meant I could print out books from other locations which made my life much easier.  And that my fellow mommies was my intro to what is now known as the World Wide Web/Internet.  Obviously I am dating myself here so be kind.  ;)
So in honor of my age and the Internet I thought I would talk about some of my favorite websites.  There really is no rhyme or reason to these sites other than I just love them and find myself on them at least once a week when I get a break from mommyhood (we know those are rare).  So here they are.
Etsy-If you haven’t heard of it you are missing out.  Ever want to buy a unique handmade gift?  Or have something made for your lil ones room?  Or maybe you are just looking for some cool handmade décor for your house?  Etsy is sure to have all of this!  The concept is simple.  Artists and vendors sell handmade goods in “shops” and you can order directly from them.  Think Ebay meets boutique stores.  I have ordered gifts for friends, SG’s nursery linens and curtains, jewelry, books, home décor, clothes and more from Etsy.  I love that you can contact the “shop” owners directly and more often than not they will even create custom orders for you.  And Etsy is limited to just new things, they have an entire section on vintage and antique items.  Great place to shop for that super unique item you just can’t seem to find anywhere.

All of the hats SG is wearing were from Etsy, as well as her bloomers and the infamous "Weepublican" onsie.

The roman shades, bird paintings, and framed prints were all purchased off of Etsy.

 
 
EtsyKids-WAIT, WHAT?!  Now there is an EtsyKids which I just discovered.  Same as the above but now all shop owners who sell kid items are in one location!!!!  There are tons and tons of uber cute finds here ranging from clothes, toys, linens and even furniture. LOVE!
 
RookieMoms.com-OMG, I love this site.  The basic premise is two mommies got together and developed a site focusing on activities to do with your lil one.  They break the site down by age groups.  And no I am not talking go to the zoo or let’s go outside and do some chalk drawings (neither of which I am knocking---because let’s face it these are super fun activities too), I am talking about fun creative ideas we may not all have the energy to come up with.  Case in point: “Spend a week in Austin” or “Go to a theatre where baby crying IS allowed” or “Host an ugly baby clothes contest” (confession, I think I am going to do the last one).  In addition to activities they give tips for mommies, crafts, ideas and lots more.  They even break things down by state (of course Texas has it’s own tab…c’mon we’re Texas).  The mommies are two real moms just like you and me and they keep things pretty real which I love.
Babycenter.com-I started following Babycenter when I was first prego.  However, I found this site to be more helpful after SG was born.  Why?  The Babycenter has a HUGE community or birth month clubs.  I cannot  tell you how many times I have sought the advice of other mommies in the middle of the night from our birth club…and they answer---because they are up feeding in the middle of the night too!  I also love their community boards.  Ever have a question about baby and type it into Google, about 99% of the time a link to Babycenter will come up.  Great site and if you want to sign up for weekly emails you can do that too. 
TheBabySleepSite.com-I’ve talked about this one before (see my post Counting Sheep and Catching ZZZZZZSSSS ) and I’ll talk about it again.  This is an amazing company that I swear by.  They helped SG sleep through the night without a paci and now she sleeps from 7:30 PM-7:30 AM…straight!  In addition to there amazing services you will find a lot of fab advice and tips (sleep related) in their weekly newsletter.  Thanks to them our lil SG wakes up super happy...she takes after her daddy...such a morning person. 
Sleeping beauty.

 
 
GraciouslySaved-This is a blog I follow and I just LOVE how the author, Stephanie is a mommy just like me and she talks about everything from her experiences, to cooking, to tips and so much more.  It's so fun when you start following a blog because you start to feel like you really know someone.  Plus it's funs to follow a mommy who has a lil one close in age to SG.  The best part...lots of pics of her lil cutie.  Who doesn't love looking at pics of lil ones?!
These are just a few of my favs and I hope you will find one or all of them useful or helpful.  Oh and hyperlinks are included in each site title above (bold and underlined).  If you have any sites that you recommend I would love you to comment and share with everyone! 
Hang ten and happy web surfing!

1 comment:

  1. Aw yay so glad you have enjoyed my blog. I have really enjoyed yours as well.....Thanks for all the helpful sites...some of my faves as well.

    ReplyDelete