Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Opening old wounds...

I have debated writing this post for some time now.  I am not really sure why because many of those close to Husband and I now know this story.  I think I have been hesitant to share for selfish reasons.  Sharing this story means I have to open old wounds and it reminds me of a very scary time in our lives with our sweet SG.  In fact writing this is making my eyes fill with tears and that lump in my throat return. 
 
Since facing this experience with our lil girl I have helped a few other friends who were faced with the similar situations.  I must say that at the end of the day we were truly blessed that SG didn't suffer from something much more severe.  In fact what we went through is nothing compared to other things some of my mommy friends have faced.  But tell that to a first time mommy...everything, big or small is a BIG deal!  So today I want to share the story of why SG was placed in the NICU only a few days after we brought her home.  In order to share my story I am including a link to my private family blog.  I hope that at the very least our story helps someone going through a similar situation and lets them know that they are not alone.  Feel free to share with others.
 
To read our story please click on the link below.
 

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can personally speak to how much opening up and sharing your own experiences can help others going through something similar. God brings people into your life for a reason, I truly believe that. I am so glad that Miss SG is a happy and healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...I know this was a terrifying time for you...I used to take care of jaundice babies as a nurse and I felt like helping the sweet mommys through it was the most important part!

    ReplyDelete