Monday, March 11, 2013

APPsolutely!


Happy Monday Mommies!

Lately a lot of my friends have been asking me how I keep track of SG’s feedings, sleep, naps, development, etc.  When I tell my friends that I use an iPhone app they become very intrigued.  This then usually turns into a “what other apps do you use” convo.  So I decided to share my favorite mommy apps.  Please note, this is always evolving so I am sure I will have apps to add later.  I would love to hear what apps you use!


1.     Baby Connect-Ok so most of us mommies or mommy-to-bes have heard of the Baby Itzbeen.    This lil walkie talking look-a-like is what most of my mommy friends used or use to track feedings, sleep, naps, poopy diapers, etc.  When I first heard of this tool I thought it was genius.  Anyone who has had a baby knows that often times we are too exhausted to remember anything the first few weeks of baby’s life so anything to help us track baby’s habits are a must.  I initially registered for this life saver of a product until my friend Natosha recommended the app Baby Connect.  I am SO happy she recommended this.  I liked that it was on my phone (so I didn’t have to carry something else with me) which I promise you will be glued to during those middle of the night.  This app is amazing.  It tracks EVERYTHING from sleep to poopy diapers to growth to vaccines to development to major milestones and more.  I was glued to this app the first few weeks of SGs life since we had to monitor her intake and output so closely.  In fact I still use this app today. For those of you who become giddy with charts this app will put everything into flowcharts for you AND you can even email your tracking by day, week or month!  It will also allow you to sync up with another phone (i.e. your husband has baby duty while you get some much needed mommy time).  Can you tell how excited I am about this app?  Oh and it also comes in Android form. The app does cost $4.99 but if you choose this over the Baby Itzbeen then that’s a $20 savings. I HIGHLY recommend Baby Connect. http://www.baby-connect.com/
 
Baby Connect
 

2.     Red Stamp-As many of you know finding the time to do even the most mundane tasks can sometimes be a challenge when you are a mommy.  Case in point, thank you notes, invitations, birthday cards, etc.  I found an app that combines a lil bit of Evite and the USPS all in one…it’s called Red Stamp.  This app allows you to email, text and even mail (for those of us who still like printed cards) customized cards to people for different holidays and events.  It’s super easy to use; choose your layout, upload a pic, add personal message and send!  I have used it to send “Miss You Daddy” cards to Husband when traveling, invites for mommy brunches and birthday cards.  The app is FREE and if you want to have your customized card printed and mailed it only costs $1.99 which includes shipping!  There are tons of adorable designs to choose from.  Trust me you will be hooked on this one right away. https://www.redstamp.com/#
 
An invitation I created using Red Stamp
 

3.       White Noise-Have you even been traveling or in the car or anywhere where baby is trying to sleep and just can’t seem to settle because there are too many noisy distractions?  Is your baby used to a sound machine but you don’t want to lug one around with you for every trip to grandma and grandpas?  The White Noise app is a FREE app (or you can upgrade for $1.99) that provides 10 different soothing sounds (more if you upgrade) ranging from ocean waves to rain to white noise.  The app allows you to choose a sound and set a timer to it (so you don’t use up all the battery in your phone).  We have used this on numerous occasions when in the car, at the grandparents, out in public and more to help soothe SG to sleep.  In fact Husband and I even use it ourselves at night!  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/white-noise/id289894882?mt=8
 
Shhh...baby sleeping.
 

4.     Pic Stitch-Ever wonder how your friends can post several pictures at once into one cute lil pic?  Pic Stitch is another FREE app that allows you to choose several photos and add filters to them so you can brag and share pics of your lil cutie.  There is of course a direct Facebook link to make uploading to FB easy. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pic-stitch/id454768104?mt=8  
 
Pic Stitch creation.
 

5.       Magisto-This is an app that I am pretty new to and accidentally stumbled across.  This FREE app takes videos you have made with your phone and turns it into a mini movie.  You can upload more than one video at a time and even chose music and a theme and the app does the rest providing a cute lil movie you can email or share on Facebook with friends and family.  I use this one a lot for Husband and for the grandparents.  You can download the movie for a small fee if you want but if you send yourself a link then you don’t have to worry about paying for it.  Take a peek. http://www.magisto.com/
 

6.       Pinterest-A wife/mommy’s dream…a husbands nightmare.  Nuff said.  J

7.       My Baby-This app is brought to us by the popular baby website Baby Center.  I love this app because it offers daily advice, tips, etc. and includes a direct link to your baby birth club.  It makes posting questions and comments so much easier and there have been many a night when I have perused my baby birth club chatting with other mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment